- I read in a few threads that it’s a huge overhead for Kano engineers to maintain compatibility with new editions of Raspberry Pi.
- Then again there is this fund from Microsoft and the priority shifts to Kano PC.
- I’m also seeing discounts in all RPi based existing Kano models in Amazon for several months, prices came down to all time low.
- There is no news of any upcoming RPi 4 based Kano.
- Kano PC is being priced very close to the Computer Kit Touch model. It’s clear that the team wants us to buy the Kano PC model.
I’m a software engineer myself. I want to raise my kid teaching on open *nix based platforms, at least as their first one, Windows can come way later. Is RPi based Kano still an option for me? I haven’t bought one yet, planning to do so in a few months during my kid’s 6th birthday. Is Kano OS for RPi going to be maintained in parallel to the Windows based platform with equal priority?