Sonic pi window frame offscreen

Hi

Whenever I open the Sonic Pi app, the window is too big for the screen so that I cannot see the top or bottom which also means I cannot resize, how can I fix this?

Thanks
Paul

Hi @pjdc2410,

Could you let us know which Kano Kit you’re using, and which version of Kano OS you have installed?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris

I’m using the computer kit touch and I have Hopper v4.2 installed.

I have the pixel kit as well, how do I change the sensitivity of the inbuilt microphone? Anything less than 40% for any RGB colour doesn’t light up and then when I then use the mic volume block it only registers up to about 33% and I’m playing some heavy music pretty loud to get it that high!

Thanks for your help
Paul

Hi Paul,

Trying to replicate the issue with a computer kit touch and Kano OS 4.2 and struggling to make it do what you describe.

The Pixel Kit mic only works with the built in sound visualiser, for any creations in code it is using the microphone on your computer, so would recommend adjusting sound input settings on your OS.

Hi

I’ve attached the screenshot from the Kano re the OS in use and the issue with the window sizing.

For the pixel kit, we were going through the very first training exercises on the Pixel Kit app, make noise, create a loop and first animation. Should the built in mic work for this? I ended up having to hold the pixel kit next to my speakers for any sort of register.

Thanks
Paul

Hey Paul,

The mic in the Pixel Kit is just for the built in sound visualiser that’s pre-installed on the Pixel Kit- for everything else (all challenges/code creations on the Pixel Kit) that require sound, you need to make use of your computers built in microphone.

On the Sonic Pi resize issue, holding down the left Alt key will let you drag the Sonic Pi window around by clicking anywhere in the window - it can then be resized properly.

Hope that helps!

Chris