Screen brightness adjustment? (Computer Kit Touch)

Hello kano community

Does anyone know if there any way to adjust the screen brightness on the computer kit touch? My daughter and I find the default brightness a bit too harsh (we both share the same vision/sight/light sensitivity). I’ve looked in the obvious places/settings and a bit online but no luck so far.

Many thanks!

D

1 Like

Hi @marcelineyani,

Just checked in with the engineering team, and there are no settings to adjust screen brightness/contrast unfortunately - they are pre-set at a hardware level.

Thanks

Chris

Yeah, I have the same problem. I just got my Kano computer and the brightness is absolutely blinding. It borders on unusable. My eyes. Web browsing or anything with a white background is just painful. The screen doesn’t have the hardware to adjust the brightness and software won’t work because it’s just an output straight to the HDMI port. I’m trying to see if I can get F.lux or Redshift to work, but no luck so far. It’s a shame because I was hoping to use it as a Pixel Art box but my eyes would dry up and fall out after an hour of use.

1 Like

@ marcelineyani

I don’t have a touch, but I have the computer. When I built the screen, it had a panel with 6 buttons and 1 turned the screen off and on. Some other button brought up a control panel thing and I’m pretty sure I could adjust the brightness from there.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. It’s a real shame, wondering if there is anything that could be done/made as an alternative? I am thinking even a thin filter/screen that wouldn’t interfere with the touch-screen?
Many thanks
D

Aw, thanks for the reply and sorry to hear you are going through a similar issue. I am really astonished as to how this wasn’t considered as an accessibility/design issue when the idea/project came to life, let along that it hasn’t been seen as a problem or priority afterwards. It was so bad we stopped using it for a bit, and we have now gone around finding bright-enough spots in the house or just using it during the day and next to a window (not ideal). I am hoping perhaps something could be done by using a custom filter or some sorts? Will investigate and share if any luck. Thanks for the reply.