Kano touch, screen has frozen in Scratch

Brand new Kano touch for Xmas but after an hour the screen has frozen in Scratch & my son is unable to exit the app or in fact do anything. How can we escape & get back to the Dashboard? Help…sad boy wanting to play with his Xmas present!!!

1 Like

I am having the same issue but ours is frozen on hack Minecraft. I can continue to start a game intbut cannot get back to the Kano home screen.
Were you able to fix yours? I’m waiting for Kano to answer my email.
Thanks!

1 Like

Having the same problem. Screen is frozen. Esc key on screen and keyboard do nothing. How to exit app?

1 Like

Hi - We had same issue with Minecraft freezing. Holding down “Shift” + “Clear” buttons simultaneously displayed home screen. Good luck!

1 Like

Huh was thinking of buying one on my next birthday but was worried about it freezing up. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you!! We ended up unplugging the power. I didn’t want to but I couldn’t find any info anywhere. I will definitely try this next time. We’ve had this for one day and it’s frozen on us twice already.

I do not see a way to exit to the dashboard on the Minecraft app. How do you typically exit the game? ECS.?

1 Like

maybe esc even though i don’t own one

1 Like

ESC worked the first time it froze. The second time it wouldn’t.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Thank you.

2 Likes

huh did not think that could work

1 Like

I had to power off to reboot it. Kano did reply with this info which was impressive on Boxing Day but am a little anxious about the functionality of it all now. Will report back on how it goes. ESC didn’t work but thanks for the suggestion. Will try Ctrl clear next time if it happens. Thanks everyone

1 Like

I tried control clear and that didn’t work for me, hoping no more further issues!

1 Like

This sounds very strange, please keep us posted if you have freezing issues again!-

1 Like

Hi David, thanks for your reply. We have had further freezing problems. I have emailed your help desk and included photos. During an update it froze & again this morning in Minecraft hack it gave a screen of coding and froze. All 3 times our only option was to power off which is obviously not great for many reasons. What do you suggest? Son is a bit despondent despite loving the build process which was brilliant & the feel & quality of the hardware seems excellent. But his best Xmas gift is becoming a pain & that’s not what we spent £££ to achieve. Wish there weren’t these freezing issues & it could also do with at least an online or electronic user manual to steer a new User.

1 Like

We had the same issue. Shift/Clear got me back to home screen to shutdown…

1 Like

Thank you! Kano responsed and said that’s what I should do.

1 Like

We are having the same issue. My son tries to get into Minecraft hacking and it froze… we tried the suggestions here. We went from the frozen Minecraft screen to a white screen with the Minecraft Hack code. At this point, we would just like to power off and reboot but can’t. Other options?

1 Like

We had the same issue in hack minecraft. We could not do anything with the computer so powering down was the only issue. Once the computer was booted again she tried to get back to hack minecraft and the app froze while loading.

Not a good start to what I thought was going to be a great investment.

1 Like

Kano have been very communicative Carrie. I would recommend contacting them direct. We’ve had better luck with it & also ‘shift clear’ is the way to escape the apps if no other choice. I’ve yet to carry out a process they’ve suggested (not had time) but plan to do that to see if all our juggles are resolved. Best of luck

1 Like

Hi all,

My son has been using his Kano for two years, almost constantly. If something ever goes wrong he knows just to turn the power off and back on again. Not unlike any other piece of tech really.