Kano Complete Display (Non-touch) "No Signal" as Second Display

My Kano Complete display used to work as an portable second monitor for my laptop but it suddenly stopped working and now gives a “No Signal” message. If I attach it to the Pi, Xbox 360 or Wii U; the display works so I’m sure it is not broken. Any ideas on what seems to be the issue and a recommended fix?

You have ruled out the problem being the display itself, because it works with other devices. So that just leaves you the cable , laptop port or internal laptop problems. If the cable works on the other devices, then it is not the cable. Try another monitor in the laptop port to se if that is your problem.
Jeff

Sorry forgot to mention but I did try those additional steps @PapaJeff. Here’s a list of other steps I did

Connected laptop to another display (TV) and it worked
Connected display to another laptop HDMI but still didn’t work
Connect display to Surface Pro mini DP and still got the same result.

I’m not sure if there’s a way to update driver for the display or Windows 10 upgrades might have messed it up. I’m still waiting for my mini DVI to HDMI adapter. I have OS X, Windows and Lubuntu installed on my old iMac so it would be a nice option to further isolate.

Sometimes you have to go in to set up and activate or turn on the port before using it so the laptop can recognize the device.
Jeff

Can you tell me how I can do this please? I just connected the display to a chromebook using a USB hub and it automatically detected the display. Made me bang my head again this morning. :slight_smile:

Hello
It has been a long time since I had to do that on a Windows Computer and for a long time now I have been using a Mac. But I did a web search and found this.
" To determine which virtual COMport it has been assigned to, right click the MyComputer icon on your Windows desktop, and selectProperties from the popup menu. Next, click on the Hardware tab,and click on the Device Manager button."
Here is the link
http://support.technologicalarts.ca/docs/USB%20Boards/ConfiguringVirtualCOMports.pdf
Jeff

I just re-read your post, It is very possible that the Windows 10 upgrade is the cause of your problems. Do a web search of Windows 10 upgrade external monitor problems. I found many posts like yours when I did a search.
Example:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-second-screen/ce7ef477-cc0f-4e28-8ae2-d0eae128866b
Jeff