Disney Frozen (possibly Star Wars) Coding Kit and Amazon Fire HD 8

Hi, I bought the Kano Disney Frozen 2 Coding Kit for my child from Amazon. My child has an Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet. Turns out only the FIre HD 10 is officially supported. The HD 8 tablet has the hardware (bluetooth LE 4.1, which is listed under other OS such as Windows on your compatibility page) and software required to support the app. But the Amazon App Store is not letting me download it due to the compatibility issue. Can you provide me a direct download link to the coding app, please. I’m a power user and I don’t need handholding. If you can provide the direct download app, I’ll install it myself on Fire HD 8 and test and let you know if it works well.

1 Like

I do not know much about the Frozen 2 Coding Kit or Amazon Fire but I will see what I can find.

have you tried downloading it from here`?

Did anyone get a direct download link?

No. I just installed the software on a Windows 10 laptop. Seems Kano doesn’t want to support previous generation Fire HD 8 or make the .apk available as a direct download (even as unsupported on older devices).

The frustrating thing is the app is not available on the Google Play Store. So, I can’t use it on my non-Amazon Android tablets or chromebook either. Very disappointed at Kano, who came to the fore with the Raspberry Pi/linux based (“open”) platform. You can see why this latest device has very low ratings on Amazon from frustrated customers.

Yes, it gave a 404 error.