Computer Kit Curriculum

Hello Kano Community!

I hope this is the right place to post this. My two children are receiving the computer kit (w/touch screen) for Christmas. I do not want this to become another electronic that gets forgotten, and want to transition them from primarily gaming on tablets to actively learning the tech and doing useful things each day.

Is there a weekly or daily curriculum that I could follow? I’d like to dedicate time each day on specific activities.

I am setting up gmail accounts under a family account because I would also like them to keep a diary of their daily learning activities.

Hi @danebe01

Believe we do have a curriculum, summoning @taylor for help!

Hi @danebe01!

We do have a curriculum you can use with your kids. The two we have available are Creative Computing (CC) and Computer Science Fundamentals (CSF). CC focuses on introducing each app on the Kano OS and pushing kids to be creative with the challenges. CSF focuses on understanding the computer science component from each app and challenge on the kit. I’d recommend starting the CC.

Also, each curriculum has design challenges in each lesson and worksheets if you need them.

Let us know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to both of you!

Is there a specific age this curriculum is designed for? What do you suggest for 7-8 year olds?

Hi @Menyay this should work well for any ages past 6+!