After last update... This site can't reached

Hi,

2 years working all ok…

After the last upgrade… With
The same router config (usually
SmartPhone android wlan)
I reached ping… But i haven’t internet
Access.

I havn’t found some similar at the forum…

Can someone help me? Thanks

Cgn

Same issue here.
There is actually network connection (terminal will work) but sites cannot be reached.

I tried with a Chromium reinstall but did not work.

I’m getting an ERR-NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED error in Chrome after updating. WiFi is connected, but the browser won’t pull up any sites. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue here on multiple Pis.

Hi folks,

Have you checked the level of parental control/security on the kits?

The latest version of Kano OS sets parental control to ultimate, really locking the kit down, by default - so you may need to change out of this to a lower level of restriction. :slight_smile:

Thanks, that fixed my issue!

1 Like

How do you change it?

I feel dumb, but I cannot change it either. Doing an enable/disable changes it to Low, but I’m unable to select Medium or High. …or at least I can’t figure out how to properly “select” those. What am I doing wrong?

The error this site can’t be reached problem is usually generated mostly if you don’t have a connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be triggered by a dead DNS server response or a firewall blocking the Google Chrome from locating the network. DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. In order to fix this “connection” error, there are a few simple steps that you could apply, such as:

• Clear your browser cache.
  • Reset your IP address & flush the DNS cache.
  • Check proxy settings.
  • Disable your firewall.